APAA holds a Council Meeting every year and a General Assembly once every three years at various locations within the Asian Region. The meetings and assemblies are generally very well attended by members and observers.
Attendance at APAA meetings is strictly regulated by its Statutes and Regulations.
A General Assembly may be attended by:
A Council Meeting may be attended by
(1) a Council member;
(2) an official guest invited by the President;
(3) an observer who shall be:
In particular, please note the following:
1. If you are qualified to practise the profession of patent attorney and reside in the Asian Region but are not an APAA member, you can attend only one APAA meeting as an observer. Thereafter, you must become an APAA member in order to attend any APAA meeting. Please see Join APAA for membership information.
2. If you are qualified to practise the profession of patent attorney and reside outside the Asian Region, you can oniy attend APAA meetings as an observer, subject to sponsorship approval.
3. If you are not qualified to practise the profession of patent attorney, you can attend APAA meetings as:
17th General Assembly, 64th and 65th Council Meetings
Okinawa, Japan, November 13-17, 2015
66th Council Meeting
Bali, Indonesia, October 8-11, 2016
67th Council Meeting
Auckland, New Zealand, November 4-7, 2017
(Please view web page www.apaa2017.com)